- As a cruiser bike, Bajaj has two motorcycles Street 160 and Cruise 220 in the Avenger series.
- The neuron may have many unique design elements, which will make it different from the avenger series.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) recently forayed into the Sub-400cc Modern-Classic motorcycle segment with the Highness CB350, which has been launched in the country at a starting price of Rs 1.90 lakh (ex-showroom). In India, it will compete directly with the Royal Enfield Classic 350. Till now Enfield dominated the sub-400cc category, but now the company is going to face more difficulties as Bajaj Auto is also preparing to enter this segment.
Bajaj’s new cruiser bike can be launched under the name Neuron
- According to reports, Bajaj has filed an application to trademark the name ‘Neuron’, which is expected to be a mass-market cruiser motorcycle which is the Royal Enfield Classic 350, Java, Benelli Imperial 400 as well as recently The launched Honda Highness will challenge the CB350.
- The thing to note is that Bajaj’s Avenger series line-up already has a mass market. The larger sub-400cc motorcycle can take inspiration from the Avenger, as it is one of the oldest and most liked names in the company’s line-up.
At present, the company has not made any official announcement.
However, no information has yet been officially revealed from Bajaj, and the ‘Neuron’ may actually be a different motorcycle altogether. However, if it is a sub-400 cc cruiser, it can also use the Dominar 400’s 373.3 cc single-cylinder engine. However, fitting this engine in a cruiser motorcycle can be a challenge.
Unique design elements can be found in neuron
- The Avenger Series currently consists of two motorcycles, the Street 160 and the Cruise 220. The Street 160 has a starting price of Rs 99,597, while the Cruze 220 is priced at Rs 1.21 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom Delhi). The Street 160, as the name suggests, gets a 160 cc engine that produces 15 PS and 13.7 Nm of engine output, while the Cruze 220 features a 220 cc single-cylinder, oil-cooled engine of 19.03 PS and 17.55 Nm. The engine generates output.
- The Street 160 has a modern street design, while the Cruze 220 has a premium motorcycle with modern elements. However, being a premium motorcycle the Neuron will have some unique design elements to make it look different from these two.